2020-2021 School Year: I know that everyone has been anxiously awaiting information regarding the start of the new school year. We had hoped we would have been moved to phase 3 at this time; however, that is not the case. The Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) hosted a meeting for administrators on how schools should safely reopen their campuses. The faculty has been working hard to make the necessary changes to welcome students and staff back safely to school on August 17, 2020.
New Procedures due to COVID-19: Below is a listing of changes that will be in effect when the new school year begins to help ensure the safety of both students and staff. A more detailed listing of beginning of the year procedures will be sent out to parents in mid-July. What to expect in August:
* Temperature checks for students, faculty and visitors upon arrival at school
* Face coverings required for faculty and ALL students entering campus
* 2nd through 8th grade must wear face coverings in the classrooms
* Social distancing measures throughout campus
* Students will be required to use hand sanitizer
* Lunch times will be adjusted to accommodate smaller numbers and students
* Students are required to bring their own bagged lunch
* Morning and afternoon carpool processes are being amended. All parents MUST
remain in their cars. Parents will not be permitted beyond the front office or side gate
* Signage reminders will be placed throughout the campus to remind students and faculty
of proper social distancing, face covering guidelines and pathway flow
* Water fountains will be shut off. Students are allowed to bring a 20 oz. or smaller clear (NON COLORED) water bottle.
* Proper cleaning and disinfecting will take place daily throughout the entire campus
* Students will NOT be allowed to share classroom supplies
Morning Drop Off Procedures:
* 3rd through 8th grade drop off times will be 7:45am-8:00am
* PreK through 2nd grade drop off time will be 8:15am-8:30am
* Tardy bell will ring at 8:30am
Supply Drop Off:
Supplies will need to be dropped off on the designated days below. Drop off area will be under the overhang near the dismissal area.
PreK through Kindergarten- August 4, 2020 11:00am – 1:00pm
1st through 3rd grade -August 5, 2020 11:00am – 1:00pm
4th through 8th grade- August 6, 2020 11:00am – 1:00pm
Please refer to terrytownacademy.net for updated supply list.