1- box of crayons or colored pencils
1- pack of washable markers
6- packs #2 pencils NO MECHANICAL PENCILS
5- packs large pink erasers NO PENCIL TOP ERASERS
4- highlighters of different colors
1- pack dry erase BLACK broad tip markers
1- pack dry erase fine tip markers (MULTI-COLOR)
1- glue stick
1- BANK TYPE zipper pouch
1- composition notebooks
8- (1) subject notebooks
8- plastic pocket folders with fasteners (1 MUST BE GREEN)
4- manila folders
1- packs wide ruled loose leaf paper
1- protractor MUST BE SEE THROUGH
1- plastic or metal bookmark
3- rolls of paper towels
2- packs of baby wipes GIRLS
2- boxes of quart-sized ziploc bags BOYS
1 – LARGE crate (WALMART: NO DISH PAN STORAGE BINS)
1- Webster’s New World Dictionary and Thesaurus 2nd Edition (RED COVER) (purchased at Barnes & Noble)
1- backpack (NO WHEELS)
1- 2GB jumpdrive on a lanyard
$40 Art/Science Fee CASH ONLY
$10 Book covering Fee CASH ONLY
$35 Novel Fee CASH ONLY
$40 Yearbook/Planner Fee CASH ONLY
ALL SUPPLIES AND FEES MUST BE IN BY THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD PRACTICE MULTIPLICATION TABLES.
Please see attached sheet for Summer Reading/Writing instructions. Summer novel test will be given the 2nd week of school. Summer novel is purchased by the parent.
5th Grade Summer Reading/Writing 2019
DUE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
Students will write the following information for the required book My Life as a Fifth-Grade Comedian by Elizabeth Levy.
1. List the main events.
1. List main characters with a two (2) sentence description of each.
2. In a paragraph of a minimum of 5/6 sentences, name the time and place and give at least 3 details of specific description about the setting in your own words.
Guidelines for Summer Reading/Writing Assignment
• Students should make a cover sheet. They should add their name, grade and “Summer Reading Portfolio” as their title.
• Students should have one page for each portfolio requirement.
• Papers should be typed double-spaced with a Times New Roman 12-point font. If Times New Roman is not available, you may substitute for another plain font such as Calibri or Arial.
• Students should write in complete sentences with appropriate punctuation and grammar.
• Students should have this packet placed in a report cover with pages in order of the above numbers.
• This is an independent project. Any evidence of plagiarism or collaboration with another student will result in failure of summer reading.
• The summer reading portfolios will count as the first major test of the year in language arts.
• You will also take a test on the novel for your first major test grade of the year in reading.
Please do not put off your reading during the summer. A little bit each day can make a huge difference, and you might just enjoy it.